"If You're An Athlete Looking To Improve Your Ability To Run, Jump, And Cut...
And If You Want To Decrease Your Injury Risk To Stay On The Field And Play Your Best...
While Being Tested Like The Pros...
Then This Revolutionary Biomechanical Test Is Right For YOU!"
Dear Athletes, Parents, and Coaches,
Whether you are a professional, college, high school, or aspiring athlete, chances are you're looking to protect your most valuable asset...YOU!
If you are looking to take your game to the next level, or have just signed on with a elite travel team, or your're a coach or parent that is looking to protect your athletes from injuries like ACL tears, ankle sprains, and dislocations...then you have come to the right place AND what I'm about to tell you is likely the most assuring news you have heard this week.
Chances are you have seen your teammates, friends, and loved ones sustain an injury that keeps them from playing the sport they love. I have been there myself. In my junior year of high school football, I tore my ACL (ouch!) and I would have done anything to keep that injury from happening. You are likely thinking the same thing...how can I avoid a season ending injury?
Plus, you are likely here looking for a solution and plan to stay healthy and strong BUT you're concerned about what the BEST route is to your goal of avoiding injury. Also, you want to be sure you, your child, or your athlete is seeing the top specialist who has experience dealing with sports injuries.
"If You Want To Train With A Specialist In Sports Injury Prevention That Even The Pros Trust, Then Read On."
Before I tell you exactly how our team at Competitive EDGE can help evaluate and analyze your injury risk with specialist recommendations on how to stay injury free, let me first distance myself from other sports medicine professionals.
The testing and training we provide at Competitive EDGE is nothing like what is offered as "athletic testing" at other clinics and gyms. Although there are lots of trainers that say they work with athletes, very few have actually worked with those at the highest competition levels. Plus, the testing provided is subjective and lacks pinpoint detail and concrete specifics athletes need. The truth is that athletes are different in their speed, strength, and intensity and therefore need testing and training that meets these unique needs.
The sports industry is changing at a rapid pace as it moves towards "data driven" outcomes and performance evaluations. At Competitive EDGE we are the Bay Area leader in providing a research based objective assessment of injury risk. Using industry leading state-of-the-art biomechanical inertial sensors, a force plate, high speed video, and muscle tracking EMG we can assess EVERY measure of sports movement. Our testing leaves no stone unturned.
PLUS, our clinic has enough space to allow athletes to run, cut, and jump at game speeds so the assessment is specific to a real sports environment.
"Gain The Piece Of Mind Of Knowing Exactly How To Improve Your Movement And Training To Avoid Injury And Play Your Best!"
Here is what pro level testing looks like at Competitive EDGE...
- 2 hour evaluation with Kevin Vandi DPT, OCS, CSCS
- Subjective and medical history with specific individual sport questioning
- Comprehensive physical examination
- Biomechanical evaluation using 3D motion, specialized treadmill, HD video, and muscle tracking
- Comprehensive 10 point sport motion assessment with in-ground force plate
- Detailed testing results highlighting injury risk, biomechanical data, and areas for improvement
- Real time movement education to optimize biomechanical sport motion
- Training program development for safe progression to maximum performance
- Get your "injury risk score" to compare and build upon as you go through training
What is an Injury Risk Assessment?
A sports injury risk evaluation is designed to identify biomechanical and neuromuscular risk factors associated with injury. This testing is performed on non-injured athletes looking to decrease their risk of injury. The testing usually occurs in pre-season, but can be performed at any time.
- Competitive EDGE will screen and clear athletes for movement related impairments using the same testing they do for the San Jose Earthquakes and other professional athletes
The goal of our injury risk evaluation is to build an individualized program to correct movement errors by improving:
- Sport Specific Movement Control
- Dynamic Reflexes
- Lower extremity alignment
Our precision 3D technology will assess your sports motion to pinpoint movement errors and help restore optimal motion with biofeedback training
Do I need an Injury Risk Assessment?
Along with the increase in sport participation we have seen an increase in the number of sport related injuries. In the United States there are 200,000 anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries per year with 100,000 resulting in reconstruction surgery. The highest at risk population are females ages 15-45. NCAA statistics note that female athletes are 2-8 times more likely to tear their ACL than males.
Nearly 70% of ACL injuries occur due to non-contact mechanisms. Research has demonstrated many risk factors that increase the risk of sustaining an ACL injury.
- Poor shock absorption
- Decreased gluteus medius and maximus strength
- Altered hip and knee alignment
- Poor trunk control
- Decreased quadriceps strength
- Excessive knee extension (genu recurvatum)
To avoid injury, it is essential to screen for these risk factors with a detailed biomechanical assessment. Our unique 10 point sport movement assessment with state-of-the-art research grade equipment will be able to precisely measure any biomechanical errors.
Those Most Likely to Benefit From Assessment
- Anyone playing a sport for the first time
- Females aged 14-45
- Athletes who sustained a previous injury
- Athletes with limited strength and conditioning experience
- Any competitive athlete wanting to decrease their injury risk
Additional Training Available
- 1 hour session one-on-one with Kevin Vandi DPT, OCS, CSCS
- Dynamic movement training with force plate, EMG, and 3D data
- Strength, conditioning, power, and plyometric training for specific sport
- Physical therapy treatment (if needed)
- Development of individualized training program for safe sports participation