Do you know the purpose of each run in your training plan, or do you find yourself questioning the day’s workout as you head out the door?
Are you tired of running more miles while wondering if you’re actually making progress?
Do you feel like you’re capable of more — more miles and more speed — but your current workouts aren’t getting you there?
Dialing in a training program can be one of the most trial-and-error parts of running. Whether you’re new to the sport or have been running for decades, online training programs are written to be one-size-fits all — and your training shouldn’t be.
You have different goals from the runner you pass on your regular route. You also have different schedules, paces, strengths, and weaknesses. So why should you use the same training program if you’re not starting from the same place nor aiming for the same outcome?
We hear these question almost every day in our running lab:
“What pace should I run my tempo runs at?”
“How often should I do intervals?”
“When is the best time to add weight training without eliminating a recovery day or impacting my long run?”
“How long can my recovery run be?“
The problem is, there’s no good answer that works for everyone. What works best for you is going to depend on your running history, your current capabilities, your goals, and your individual biology.
Let us take the guesswork out of your training plan and answer those questions for you....
Personalized Running Programs
If you’re looking for personalized training insight and expert guidance, PLUS information on injury risk reduction and cross training, you’ve come to the right place. With a Competitive EDGE Personalized Running Program, you get the benefits of a running coach combined with the expertise of a doctor of physical therapy.
Having your workouts planned for you means that on the day, all you have to do is lace up your shoes and do the work. When you head out, you don’t have to second guess if you’re where you should be. You get confidence in your training, and the peace of mind to settle in for what you love — the running.
A personalized plan is PERFECT for you if….
- You’re new to running and aren’t sure where to start, but know where you want to get
- You’re looking to make the jump from running for fun to competing
- You’re stuck on a plateau and are ready to break through and hit your next PR
- You’re returning to running after a hiatus or an injury, and you want to make sure you don’t overdo it or reinjure yourself
- You’re a high school athlete in the off season and want to build a strong base for your upcoming season
- You’re a seasoned athlete looking to bring your A game to an upcoming race and want EXPERT guidance to get you there
- You want a tailored plan based on YOUR history and running data to take your training to the NEXT LEVEL!
Who Writes Our Plans?
All of our Personalized Running Programs are written by Dr. Pablo Borceguin. With years of successful competition under his belt in distances ranging from the mile to the marathon, Dr. Pablo is an experienced and seasoned runner. He’s still an active competitor, and he coaches track and field at a local high school. Not to mention, he’s a doctor of physical therapy with additional training in running biomechanics and optimizing performance.
When you work with Dr. Pablo on your training plan, you’re not just getting a plan to get you over the finish line, you’re getting a plan for achieving YOUR goals. Each run has a purpose to keep you moving forward while remaining healthy, avoiding overtraining, and reducing your risk of injury.
You can rest assured that Dr. Pablo’s experience as a doctor of physical therapy comes together with his experience as a running coach and competitive runner himself to bring you the best possible plan for hitting your goal pace at your number one race.
What’s Included in a Personalized Running Plan:
- It starts with a 30 minute phone consult with Dr. Pablo to discuss your running history, current pacing, training goals, what’s worked and what hasn’t, as well as your number one focus as a runner.
- Dr. Pablo will take the information from your consult, as well as any Garmin, Strava, or other workout records you have and analyze your training in conjunction with your goals.
- You’ll receive a one month training plan with daily workouts, including paces, distance, duration, workout type, and any supplemental work necessary.
- As you progress through your program, you’ll have phone and email access to our team of physical therapists for any questions you may have.
To get started, call our office at (408) 784-7167 to request more information and schedule your appointment! The best part is that you don't have to be in the Bay Area to take advantage of Pablo's expertise! This service is available both in clinic and through video consult.