At Competitive Edge Physical Therapy, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are happy to announce that as of February 2021, all of our staff is fully vaccinated to help protect ourselves and our cients.
We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Competitive Edge Physical Therapy include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
- Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer
- Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff sanitize their hands, equipment, and workstations thoroughly between treating each patient
- Contactless payment options
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Screening each client for symptoms prior to each appointment
- Asking all clients to wash their hands or sanitize upon entering the clinic
- Requiring all practicioners and clients to wear masks at all times and maintain social distance
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
- Offering alternative treatment options (via outdoor treatment or telehealth)
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Competitive Edge Physical Therapy, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our clients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully require that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby
- Wear a mask at all times and maintain social distance
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell or are unvaccinated and have had contact with someone who has a known Covid-19 infection
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At Competitive Edge Physical Therapy, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team @ Competitive Edge Physical Therapy