Yearly Prevention Physical
Yearly Prevention Physical
Understand your body, optimize your health
At Competitive EDGE our yearly prevention physical will catch risk factors for disease and injury before they burden your life!
We are your Preventative Care Provider
The Competitive EDGE Yearly Prevention Physical Includes:
- 1.5 hour consultation with Kevin Vandi DPT, OCS, CSCS
- Review of medical history/personal health profile
- Review of relevant social/family history
- Height, weight, heart rate, and blood pressure screen
- Body mass index calculation (BMI)
- Neurological screen
- Posture assessment
- Functional movement screen
- Gait speed testing
- Aerobic capacity screen
- Strength and flexibility testing
- Balance screen
- Fitness program consultation
Why Visit a Physical Therapist For A Yearly Appointment?
Physical therapists are highly educated health professionals who are experts in assessing human movement and function. As Doctors of Physical Therapy, their expertise in health and wellness make them ideal practitioners to administer a focused health screening. Their diversity in education allows them to screen standard health parameters, such as blood pressure, as well as physical therapy specific tests such as balance, strength, and aerobic capacity.
Do I Need a Yearly Physical Exam for Prevention?
Health and wellness screening is essential to perform each year as many chronic medical conditions are avoidable. According to the Center for Disease Control:
- About half of adults have a chronic medical condition.
- Approximately 47% of adults have at least one major risk factor for heart disease or stroke.
- In 2011, 52% of adults over 18 years old did not meet the minimum recommendation for physical activity and aerobic exercise.
- One-third of adults are considered obese with a BMI over 30
- Arthritis is the most common cause of disability
By checking your health on a regular basis you will be in control of making lifestyle choices to enjoy life without pain or loss of function.
Your annual wellness physical is designed to catch risk factors for disease and address them before they impact your function. If additional testing is necessary to fully evaluate your health you will be referred to a specialist.
At Competitive EDGE we have a referral network of the best specialists in the Bay Area. We will streamline the referral process to ensure you get expedient care.
Additional Training Available
Additional fitness and movement training includes:
- 1 hour session with Kevin Vandi
- Aerobic training, strength training, stretching
- Movement education to decrease injury with exercise
- Gym program development
- Health data tracking to assess performance